Saturday, June 9, 2012

      It's been years.  I've been told many times that I should start a blog and have thought about it off and on through the years.  It takes too much time, I'd want to write a masterpiece with each entry, I should be folding laundry, it's too late;  I've already missed too much.  My reasons not to go on and on... but my three main reasons to begin now are ages 9, 7 and 4.  For them, I will start today!  I won't look back.  I will start now and from today on, my kids will have a blog about them, what they are up to in their fabulous little lives, how I feel about it and what makes our family tick.  Where to begin, I'm not so sure! 
The basics.  
We are:
  • A family of 5, two girls, a boy and a mom and a dad.  
  • There are animals, always animals.  Right now our companions are two guinea pigs, a rescued mouse and three fish. 
  • I should be folding laundry.
  • We are all vegetarian, almost vegan, but we do eat locally raised eggs.  Only ones from hens whom I can meet.  I will occasionally turn a blind eye if there is cake, though.  I don't feel good about it, but I like cake.   I think it tastes better when it's vegan.   I consider this my religion;  not the cake part but the vegetarian part.  Catholics have hail Mary's.  I have the concrete knowledge that animals don't die so that we can eat.  Although I always feel bad for the cows when I eat cake with dairy.  That, (I'm sure) will be a whole other post, though.
  • We home school.  Some days I am thrilled and honored that I have the privilege and ability to be home to witness my kids growth.  Other days I wonder why I don't join the masses and send my kids to the local school.  I'm sure my posts will reflect that. 
  • Earthetarian is a name my husband came up with when we were brainstorming for a name for my new online eco-friendly business years ago.  It perfectly described my shop and our passion about how we live.  We do what we can to take care of the earth so she can return the favor.  We are not perfect, but we try really hard.  Some day I'll make a list, because it makes me feel good to spell it all out.  We occasionally do this to balance out the fact that we drive a gas guzzling mini-van.  That will be another post, aptly titled  HOW WE RATIONALIZE THE MINI -VAN.
  •  You will witness us through lots of pictures.  Both for my sanity and for my family and far off friends.  I love taking pictures of people and things, both animate and inanimate.   In college I had a business person buy two of my photographs from a show I was in and then contact me months later to purchase more.  I didn't follow through.  I often wonder what could have been if I did.  There will also be lots of pictures because:    
a.  I don't always follow through.  I'm working on that.  It will give myself and out to have some picture only posts so I don't have to write a masterpiece, but can still put up a quick post.  (I will need to let the need to write a masterpiece each time go because I am not a writer by trade and some days I just won't have time because I should be folding laundry, but I digress).
b.  I forgot what b was.  It's pretty much so I don't have to write every time.


So that's that.  I am going to start.... now.
MY THREE REASONS
G, A, N

1 comment:

  1. Dear Steph,
    SO GREAT!!!! OMG, Tissue box please...so cute...N at soccer...so many wonderful experiences. You should definitely blog...all the time. Beautifully written too. I could hear your voice as I read every word.
    I am excited to be able to add you to my blog list!
    Cath

    ReplyDelete